As a Strategic Planning Manager you will work within the Office of Strategy and support the Chief Strategy Officer in the oversight, management, evaluation and direction of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) strategic and long-range goals.
In this role you will:
- Drive the end-to-end strategic planning process – you’ll lead bureau-wide studies and projects relating to CFPB’s key strategic initiatives from conception to implementation.
- Collaborate with other strategy-related staff and leadership across the CFPB to develop and improve strategic capabilities throughout the organization.
- Create and execute a communications strategy to give project status updates, and communicate results to key business stakeholders and leadership.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key business stakeholders up to and including the Associate Director level.
- Conduct impact analysis and use metrics and data-driven analyses to assess the effectiveness of current processes – propose new ways to carry out, manage and evaluate strategic planning and organizational performance processes.
- Develop performance metrics results to create reports for Congress regarding CFPB’s strategic planning process, as well as any other information, findings, conclusions and recommendations for legislative or CFPB action.
- Facilitate decision-making and promote consensus to align key stakeholders on priorities and actions.
- Direct and manage all aspects of project planning, including the project scope, project plans and deliverables, and coordinate teams and work efforts.
- Understand the issues and resolve or recommend course-correcting action when needed.
- Manage a team of analysts – set workload priorities, review their work, help them stay on track with their individual development plans, identify development needs and training opportunities, and set performance and customer service expectations.
- Develop work plans, operating budgets, and resource allocations in support of stakeholder needs and objectives.
- Follow all federal and bureau requirements regarding records management, privacy, FOIA, transparency, ethics, and procurement.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory training or bureau events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/cfpb. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.