What is a community?
A community is a group of people with shared interests, values, behaviors, and artifacts. There are communities for:
- Federal agencies
- Career fields
- Specific areas of interest
There are open and closed communities. Anyone can join an open community. However, you need to request to join a closed community.
To find and join a community:
- Sign into Open Opportunities.
- Click the Search button on your home page.
- Click Communities to see a list of all available communities.
- Click any community to view its profile page.
- Click Join community—this will only appear if the community is open to anyone.
Once you join a community, you will have access to their opportunities and discussion board.
If you would like to create a community in Open Opportunities, email us at OpenOpps@usajobs.gov.