Fair and Transparent
This section includes many legal and regulatory guidelines, policies and statements that applicants should know of as they apply.
This section may contain the following:
This section will automatically appear in the following format:
Legal and regulatory guidance
Provides links to our Help Center where the job seeker can read about the following:
- Equal employment opportunity policy
- Reasonable accommodation policy
- Financial suitability
- Privacy Act
- Selective Service
- Social Security number request
- Signature and false statements
- New employee probationary period
Required by USAJOBS
Yes. It will automatically appear in the job announcement.
Required by policy
- Clarify if your agency differs from any of these policies or guidance.
- Repeat this information in any other section.
- Include text found in these pages in your job announcement—it should only appear once and only in the Fair and Transparent section.
This site is a work in progress. We will continue to this content until it is as complete as possible. If you have questions or concerns about the veracity of anything you read here please reach out to your HR director who can contact OPM Policy.
If you have comments about the site itself or suggestions on content to add please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.