USAJOBS leverages Font Awesome (converted to SVG) and defines specific icons for consistent use across the site.
Hiring path icons
We use a consistent set of icons to identify users with a particular type of experience. For example, individuals who have served in the military or who have a disability. These icons are often used to help users identify with a particular hiring path, often tied to a special hiring authority, which they may be eligible for depending on their experience.
When to use
- Use each icon in conjunction with a user group that matches the represented set of experience.
- Use whenever a specific hiring path is mentioned.
When to consider something else
- Do not use these icons in isolation. Icons should appear alongside text describing the hiring path.
- These icons are collected in an SVG defs file at
includes/icons/hiring-paths.svgand then referenced via the use element.
SVG icon set
- We've swapped in Font Awesome version 5 which is backward compatible with version 4 (with a JS shim) and uses SVG inline instead of an icon font file.